David R. Mattson, FAIC, MCIOB, CPC – Chairman / CEO
President 2011 – Present
Mesa HoHoKam Board of Trustees
Member 2008- Present
Trustee 2009 –Present
Childsplay Az. Theatre Board of Trustees
Director 1993 – 2004, 2007-Present
President 2005 – 2007
American Institute of Constructors
Board of Trustees 1993 – 2011
President 1997 – 1999
American Council of Construction
The Chartered Institute of Building, United Kingdom
Panel Member 1990-1997
American Arbitration Association
President 1988 – 1989
Phoenix Chapter, Project Management Institute
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
D.R. Mattson, Inc. (DRMI)
27 years as President
Mattson Construction, LLC (MCLLC)
3 years as Managing Member
40 years inclusive
- Phoenix Country Club, Modernization of Existing Clubhouse and Infrastructure ($16 MM) Phoenix, Arizona
- Mirabella Apartments, Two Phases of Upscale Multi-Family Housing, Consisting of 800 Total Units, Two Clubhouses, and Infrastructure ($92 MM) Avondale, Arizona.
- Main Street Plaza, Four Phase Residential and Retail Project ($ 250 MM) Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Fountainhead IV, New 120,000 Square Foot Office Building ($8 MM) Tempe, Arizona
- State Farm Regional Corporate Center, New 500,000 Square Foot Office Complex ($45 MM) Tempe, Arizona
- America West Airlines Ground Air Conditioning Terminal Four, ($1.3 MM) Phoenix, Arizona
- America West Airlines Flight Center, New 175,000 Square Foot Flight Training Center including Pilot Training ($35 MM) Phoenix, Arizona
- America West Airlines Continental De-Synergy Station Build-out, ($1.5 MM) Detroit Metro Airport, Houston International Airport, Newark Airport New Jersey, New York La Guardia Airport
- Borgata of Scottsdale, New 80,000 Square Foot High End Retail Center ($8 MM) Scottsdale, Arizona
- Abraham Lincoln Memorial Library, New Library, Memorial and Museum ($200 MM) Springfield, Illinois.
- Scottsdale Waterfront, Proposed New 600,000 Square Foot Mixed-Use Development including Underground Parking
A Certified Professional Constructor, David Mattson has more than thirty years experience with all aspects of real estate, capital improvement, development and construction for a wide variety of urban and industrial project assignments. This experience includes budget preparation, value analysis, estimating, project scheduling as well as the complete spectrum of construction, construction management and owner representation related services.
David is also a licensed general contractor who developed his skills for scheduling, estimating and construction management while working in that capacity.
Later in his career while working as a capital development executive, David had the responsibility of contracting for and managing both design and construction for his firm’s projects.
D. R. Mattson, Inc. provides a variety of services for land development, capital improvement and real estate development projects primarily throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan Area and Arizona. As president of the firm, David Mattson directs the delivery of all services including programming, feasibility analysis, planning, due diligence, pre-construction and construction related activities.
David R. Mattson, Jr. / President
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
8 years as Vice President
19 Years of Inclusive Experience
D.R. Mattson, Inc.
KB-01 ROC 146854
Mattson Construction, LLC
KB-01 ROC 258429
Mattson Construction – West, Inc.
B ROC 956716
- Sun Orchard Juice, New 75,000 Square Foot Freezer Warehouse Distribution Center ($13 MM) Tempe, Arizona
- Sun Orchard Juice, Juice Silo Installation and increase in water CIP System within existing manufacturing plant ($1.5 MM ) Tempe, Arizona
- Main Street Plaza, Four Phase Residential and Retail Project ($ 250 MM) Scottsdale, Arizona
- Westech Phase II, Utility Infrastructure ($3 MM) Phoenix, Arizona
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, 310,000 Square Foot Worship Facility with Parking ($8 MM) Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- The Fiesta Inn, Renovation of 281 Rooms and Lobby ($1.5 MM) Tempe, Arizona
- The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit Phases I, II, & III, New Worship Center ($2.5 MM), New Office Buildings and Classroom Renovation ($1.5MM) Tempe, Arizona
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, New Worship Center, Daily Mass Chapel and Classrooms ($7 MM) America West Airlines, Terminal IV Remodel ($1.3MM) Phoenix, Arizona.
- America West Airlines Continental De-Synergy Station Build-out, ($1.5MM) Detroit Metro Airport, Houston International Airport, Newark Airport New Jersey, New York La Guardia Airport
David has been involved in an eclectic range of assignments, typical for a family management business. He has been intimately involved with a wide range of construction and other business assignments in the firm, including total responsibility for the firm’s accounting and finance activity.
David is responsible for assisting in the management and planning of any assigned Project. Included in the range of projects in which he has been involved with are new and remodeled hotels, religious facilities, airline terminal remodels, airline mechanical retrofit, juice manufacturing plants and warehouses as well as retail and residential projects.
David’s construction experience includes assignments for projects in both the commercial and residential marketplace. He has provided assistance related to estimating, value analysis, and project scheduling. David also has project management experience for a number of project assignments where he had specific responsibility for oversight of contractors scheduling and financial performance including proposed change order processing and payment application administration.